Monday, October 29, 2012

Review: finale by Becca Fitzpatrick

Finale (Hush, Hush, #4)Finale by Becca Fitzpatrick
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

We've come to the end of the series...and what a roller coaster its been.

I still remember the day I finished hush, hush. It was my first real book hangover in a long time. I hummed along for three days with a very stupid Patch smile on my face, cracked open the book to reread favorite parts. It was bliss.

Then came crescendo...and I was utterly let down. Then came silence (which I thought would be the last and didn't realize it wasn't until the end) and I was kind of meh.

In that mindset, I started finale...and preceded to read it in two days because I couldn't put it down. It was like hush, hush all over again. Not as much of a book hangover, but just as much bliss. I'd like to say it's because of some lofty plot or resolution points...but really, it was Patch and Nora the way I seriously wanted to see them together again. Really together.

I did still want to smack Nora occasionally for her reactionary, jump-to-conclusions ways, especially when they got her into worse trouble, but she redeemed herself by fixing those mistakes and taking charge. I wanted to get on her ass for lying by omission to Patch, but since she wasn't in control of that choice, she gets a pass there.

The end was...just what I wanted it to be. And more. Overall, a brilliant end to a series that had a few bumps, a few misses, but ended strong and left me not only satisfied but also wanting to read the whole thing straight through again.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

Post a Comment